In Networks, we play our part, every day, to make this true. We are responsible for the heart of BT, making sure our networks stay reliable, resilient, secure, and ahead of changing demands.
Our networks – both fixed and mobile – play an essential role in our 30 million customers’ lives, their businesses, and the economies of the 180 countries we operate in.
We’ve built a team of the world’s best communications technology experts. Our engineers have achieved extraordinary things: constantly upgrading and reimagining the network to stay ahead of the game, innovating using the latest network cloud, AI, virtualisation and advanced optical tech to build and maintain our world class global infrastructure.
- Every year, we file more than 100 new inventions to keep BT, our customers and the UK at the cutting edge.
- Thanks to our investments, we were able to satisfy peak demand in our core network of 22.7 Tb/s in 2020, a 30% increase over the same period in 2019.
- In the past year, average download speeds on our broadband network increased by more than 15% despite this huge increase in demand for bandwidth.
- In the UK, 96 % of people can now receive superfast broadband at more than 30Mbps.
- On mobile we’ve seen a 36% increase in data usage over the last 12 months, with highest recorded peak on 18th March – a throughput peak of 802Gb/s for Europa League football.
Every day, we work to give BT customers the fastest, best connected networks there are, supporting truly world class solutions and services.
Put simply, we make the network…work.