- Apple devices running iOS 12.0 or later
- Android devices running OS 4.4 (Jelly Bean) or later
- Windows smartphones and tablets running Windows 10
If you’re having problems installing the BT Sport App, please follow the steps below:
- Check you haven't disconnected from your internet connection.
- Reboot your device and try again.
- Check your device has enough storage space. Your device user guide will show you how to do this.
If the app has partially installed, please uninstall and reinstall via the app store >
If this doesn't work, please check your device is on our list that the app will work with:
To use the BT Sport App you need to have a BT ID. If you don't have a BT ID yet, you can create one now > All you need is an email address and your account number, which you'll find at the top of your latest bill. If you haven't got a bill, we can send you your account number in the post >
Once you've created your BT ID, you'll need to activate it to access the app and online player. Look out for an email containing an activation link that you need to click.
Remember that only the primary account holder’s BT ID can be used to log in to the app and online player.
Tips if you're connecting over wi-fi:
- Try another wi-fi connection
- Connect to a BT Hub whenever possible
- Try moving nearer to the wi-fi signal
- Ask other users of the same connection to stop downloading large files
- If your device is capable, try connecting using an Ethernet cable
Tips if you're connecting to the app over a 3G or 4G mobile connection:
- Try connecting over wi-fi where possible
- Move to find a stronger signal
- Try checking mobile coverage on your mobile provider's website
- Close or uninstall other apps that are running on your device. Data storage apps in particular use a lot of data
Check you've turned on mobile streaming. Do this by opening the Settings menu in the app. Make sure that 'Enable Mobile Streaming' is set to 'on'.
Please remember that your mobile operator may charge for data usage.
You can download updates to the BT Sport App from:
- 'Downloads and updates' in the Windows Store,
- 'Updates' tab in the Apple App Store, or
- 'My Apps' in the Google Play Store
The new BT Sport help tool is available to all sport customers. When things go wrong, it can quickly get you up and running again. Please click the link below to get started:
Haven’t ordered BT Sport yet?
Order BT Sport with a BT Broadband, TV or mobile package. Or, you can order for Sky and Talk Talk TV.