All about Call Waiting for Digital Voice
What is Call Waiting?
Call Waiting tells you when other callers are trying to get through. You'll hear a discreet beep when someone is trying to get through to you while you're on the phone. You can choose whether or not to take the call.
How much does it cost?
Call Waiting is free to Digital Voice customers.
How can I manage Call Waiting on my Digital Voice-supplied handset?
You can enable, disable and check the status of Call Waiting via the Digital Voice-supplied handsets. To do this, follow the below steps:
- In Calling Features, scroll to Call Waiting and press Select
- If you've got more than one handset registered to the base, choose the one you want to switch Call Waiting on for and press Select.
- Use the navigation buttons to scroll between turning the service ON, OFF or checking its status
- Press Select when you've chosen your option
How can I manage Call Waiting on a connected phone?
You can enable, disable and check the status of Call Waiting via any connected phone. To do this, follow the below steps:
To turn Call Waiting ON, dial *43# (star, 4, 3, hash key)
To check Call Waiting is ON, dial *#43# (star, hash key, 4, 3, hash key)
To turn Call Waiting OFF, dial #43# (hash key, 4, 3, hash key)
How to manage Call Waiting through My BT
- Log into My BT
- On your Profile screen, select Manage on the Digital Voice tile
- Find Call Waiting in 'Your Digital Voice features' section at the bottom of the page and click Manage
- Follow the steps on the next screen
How does Call Waiting work with Voicemail?
If you have the Voicemail service and are on a call when a new incoming call arrives, an intrustion tone will let you know that a new call is waiting.
The caller will hear the Call Waiting announcement, and, if you decide not to take the new call, after 21 seconds it will be diverted to Voicemail.