The My BT App is available on your smartphone, iPad or tablet and is the easiest way to manage your BT account on the go. You can check your usage, view and pay a BT bill or get help with all your BT products.
Or, if you’re having problems, you can check the current service status.
- Check and download your latest BT bill
- Pay your bill directly from the app - if you've a credit or debit card already saved on your BT account, just pick the card and the amount to pay. If you haven't already saved a card, it's easy to input new details
- View your current package - see all your services and BT Extras
- Check your usage - see how much you’ve used all your BT products before or since your last bill. Check if you’ve made any calls outside your calling plan. View your broadband usage if you’re on a limited package. See what TV and movies you’ve rented. And keep an eye on how much data you have left on BT Mobile
- Track an order - and if you need to change an engineer appointment, you can do that too
- Check the status of BT services in your area - if you have a problem with your BT service, you can check the live status of BT services in your area and test your BT Broadband speed
- Restart Hub - you can restart your BT Hub remotely
What you need to download the My BT app
An Apple or Android smartphone or tablet
- iPhone 4s or iPad2 and above on iOS 8.1 or later
- Android smartphone or tablet on Android 6.0 or later
- If you have a BT Business account, please download the BT Business app >
A BT ID
The first time you use the My BT app, you'll need to log in using your BT ID and password. We'll then ask you to set up a 4-digit PIN, so it's easier for you to log in when you come back.
Once you've set up your PIN you can use your Apple Touch ID to log in. Or, if you have an Android phone you can use Android Fingerprint:
- Touch ID - you need an iPhone 5s and above, or iPad Air 2/Mini 3 or later
- Android Fingerprint - you need a compatible smartphone or tablet on Android 6.0 or above
If you don't have a BT ID yet:
- Create one now. All you need is an email address and your account number, which you'll find at the top of your latest bill. If you haven't got a bill, we can send you your account number in the post >
- If you've forgotten your BT ID username or password, take a look at I've forgotten my BT ID >
How can I find the My BT app?
If you've got an Apple or Android phone, simply text 'MyBT' to 81192 and we'll send you a link to download the app.
If you can't find the app it means it won't work with your phone. Apple users can update their operating system by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
If you have an Android device, check your user guide for instructions on how to update the operating system.