If you plug your Adapter or Mini Connectors into a mains socket but no lights come on, make sure the power is switched on at the mains and socket. If your Adapter or Mini Connectors have a config/reset button, try pressing it for a second.
If you're still having problems, here's some troubleshooting that should help you.
Try pressing the Config/reset button again for one second. This will activate/deactivate all the lights on the Adapter (although it'll still be working normally) in case you find them distracting.
If you have a Simpler Networks or Arcnet Powerline Adapter, it'll go into sleep mode (all lights off) to save energy if you unplug the Ethernet cable, or turn off the BT TV box or BT Hub. The Adapters will automatically wake up again within forty seconds of the Ethernet cable being plugged in, or the BT TV box or BT Hub being turned on.
If you've done this and no lights appear on the Adapter, check the socket you're plugging it into with another electrical device. If this works but your Powerline Adapter still shows no lights, then it's faulty. You'll need to contact the BT TV Help Desk.
If you find there's no lights on the connectors, check everything's set up and connected. Make sure the Ethernet cables are firmly connected to the correct sockets, and the electricity socket is switched on. If it's all connected correctly, the lights should come on a solid blue.
If one of your Mini Connectors stops working or becomes unpaired, turn it off and then on again to restart it.
If it still isn't working, you'll need to reset to factory settings using these steps:
- Make sure the Mini Connector is plugged in and the power socket is switched on
- Press the + (Add) on the Mini Connector for more than 15 seconds to return it to its original settings
- Give it a couple of minutes. If everything's okay, the Power and Data lights will come on
If some of the lights are on, or they're not Blue, here's how to check what the light status means:
- Blue light on - Connector running normally
- Blue light flashing - Connector is resetting, synchronising or sleeping. Give it a couple of minutes and it'll turn into a solid Blue light
- Blue light off - there's no power. Check everything's on
- Blue light on - Connector is running normally; it's sending or receiving data
- Blue light off - Connectors aren't connected properly. Check that the Ethernet cable is plugged into the Connector and your Hub. The light will then come on and light up Blue
- Blue light - Connector is connected to the network with a high speed
- Orange light - Connector is connected to the network but at a medium speed
- Red light - Connector is connected to the network but at a low speed
- If it's Orange or Red, check everything's set up properly. Check the Ethernet cable is connected to both the Connectors and your Hub, and the Connectors are firmly plugged into your electric sockets
- No light - there's no connection to the network or the Connectors are sleeping. You might need to restart and/or reset your Connectors
If you've done this and no lights appear on the Mini Connector, check the socket you're plugging it into with another device. If this device works but your Mini Connector still shows no lights, then it's faulty. You'll need to contact the BT TV Help Desk.