Whether you only use your phone occasionally or love to chat all the time, we've got a plan to suit you.
For full details, including our latest offers and deals, visit www.bt.com/callingplans >
In October 2019, we introduced three new calling plans designed to give you more flexibility around when you use your home phone, with monthly call allowances to suit all types of user.
- Pay as you go: Perfect for occasional calls, with this plan you only pay for what you use. Calls cost 22.84p a minute to UK landlines and UK mobiles, as well as 0845 and 0870 numbers. We won’t charge you a set-up fee
- 700 Minutes: This gives you 700 minutes of calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles, including 0845 and 0870 numbers. You can talk any time of the day and there are no restrictions to the length of your calls, as long as you're within your inclusive minutes
- Unlimited Minutes: Designed for those who love to talk, this plan includes unlimited calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles, including 0845 and 0870 numbers. You can chat anytime and there's no limit on call duration either
If you signed up for a landline with us before late October 2019, you’ll probably be one our three calling plans: Unlimited Weekend Calls, Unlimited Evening & Weekend Calls and Unlimited Anytime Calls. These include free calls at certain times of the day - it says on your bill what Calling Plan you're on.
You won’t be affected by our new plans unless you choose to upgrade or amend your package.
You can also easily check and change your calling plan online.
If you have a BT ID:
- Log in at My BT
- Scroll down and click on the View package button
- Scroll down to the 'Landline' section and you'll see your current Calling Plan
- To change it, click on Upgrade your calling plan to see your upgrade options
If you haven't got a BT ID:
- Go to Check or change your Calling Plan >
- Scroll down and click the Change calling plan button
- Enter your phone number and postcode, then tick the box to confirm you're the account holder
- Click Continue - you'll see your current Calling Plan and have the option to change it
- To change it, just select the new calling plan and click Continue
We generally let you swap between calling plans. For example, you can move between the Unlimited Weekend Calls to the Unlimited Evening and Weekend Calls plan.
If you're on our Unlimited Weekend Calls, Unlimited Evening & Weekend Calls and Unlimited Anytime Calls plans and want to move to one of our new Calling Plans such as Unlimited, you’ll need to regrade your package with us.
Terms and conditions apply.
Pay as you go
There’s no need to pay for calls if you don’t really use your home phone. Calls to UK landlines and UK mobiles cost 20.9p a minute, day or night.
500 / 700 Minutes
Get 500 or 700 minutes a month for calls to any UK landline or UK Mobile. You can make calls day or night** and there's no limit on call duration.
Make unlimited calls to any UK landlines or UK mobiles**, any time of the day. Call length is not restricted, so you can talk as long as you want.
** Excludes calls to Channel Islands, indirect access numbers and dial-up internet access.
Unlimited Weekend Calls
This plan gives you inclusive weekend calls to UK* landlines, including 0845 and 0870 numbers^. Perfect for those little catch-ups.
Unlimited Evening & Weekend Calls
You'll get inclusive calls to UK* landlines, every evening and at weekends, including 0845 and 0870 numbers^.
Unlimited Anytime Calls
No matter what time of day it is, you won't be charged anything extra for your UK* landline calls - including 0845 and 0870 numbers^. And you'll get half price pence-per-minute rates to UK mobiles. Also, 1,000 free minutes to BT Mobile (excluding BT Business Mobile).
*Calls of up to an hour to 01, 02, and 03 numbers excluding the Channel Islands, indirect access numbers and dial-up internet access. Other exclusions apply.
^Calls of up to an hour to 0845 and 0870 numbers, excluding calls to dial-up Internet, Calling Card and Dial-through access numbers. Fair Usage Policy applies. Maximum 1,000 minutes or 150 calls a month. If either of these limits on inclusive calls is exceeded, BT will charge for these calls until further notice.
Please note that we charge for our services in advance. This means that whatever your calling plan, your bill will include rental charges for either the next month, or next three months - depending on how you pay your bill. You can also check your rental charges online at My BT >
Download the Tariff guide for all our calling plans >
You can find out about charges for calling features you might have, such as Caller Display and Call Diversion, at www.bt.com/callingfeatures >
Need help understanding your bill? Our step-by-step Bill Explainer answers all the common queries we receive: