About annual price changes

This article explains the changes to how price increases will be calculated, who will be affected, and from what date.

How prices will change

From April 2024, annual prices changes will be in pounds and pence, so you can have certainty when it comes to the cost of our products and services from year to year.

Any planned increases will be set out in pounds and pence and will be applied each 31 March, starting in 2025. These will apply to new and existing customers who take out new contracts after 10 April 2024 and be clearly shown when customers sign up or renew their contract.

Product Annual price increase
from 31 March 2025
Mobile SIM Only plan or mobile plans with a handset +£1.50 per month
Connected devices – laptop, tablet or watch and Mobile Broadband +£1.50 per month
Broadband plans +£3 per month
EE TV plans +£2 per month


So, for example, if you take out a new SIM Only mobile plan at £25 per month on a 24 month contract, your price will be £26.50 per month from 31 March 2025, and then £28 per month from 31 March 2026. For more details, see our price guides.

If you don’t change contracts, then the old system of an increase based on the variable Consumer Price Index (CPI), plus 3.9% will still apply. For example, in 2024, the CPI rate that we used to calculate our price change was 4%, so the total increase was 7.9%, based on the previous model.

We think that our new pricing model will be much clearer for customers and gives them more certainty on what their price change will be. This approach also aligns our pricing with Ofcom’s approach  recommendation on mid-contract price rises.

Why do we increase our prices?

We know that your home relies on a brilliant connection. Whether it’s through your mobile or broadband service, it’s more important than ever to keep everyone and everything connected. Our annual price change helps us continue to invest to bring you a better, more reliable experience and the best value for your money. It’s also important as our own costs continue to increase, so the price change means we can continue to maintain the best networks and provide customer service in more ways than ever before.

We’re dedicated to keeping our customers connected and committed to helping those who need it most and have frozen prices for customers across our BT Home Essentials, EE Mobile Basics, PAYG and BT Basic plans.

Thanks for your feedback

Please select one feedback option


Need more help?