Who can get BT Home Essentials?
New or existing BT customers can apply. You’ll also need to be receiving one of these benefits to qualify:
New or existing BT customers can apply.
You’ll also need to be receiving one of these benefits to qualify:
- Universal Credit
- Pension Credit
Don’t forget you’ll need your National Insurance number
when you order, so we can check you’re eligible.
Home Essentials broadband includes:
Get the speeds we promise or
£20 back with our Stay Fast Guarantee.
Strong, reliable wi-fi
Get a great connection with our
powerful Which? Best Buy Smart Hub.
With no data caps or download limits,
you can do as much as you like online.
Security as standard
Our 3,000 security experts work 24/7
to help protect you and our network from
How do I get BT Home Essentials?
Frequently asked questions
- Enter your postcode to see which Home Essentials plans are available. Both new and existing BT customers can apply.
- Once you’ve picked a plan, you’ll go into our checkout.
- As part of the checkout, we’ll run an online eligibility check.
- We’ll ask for your last name, date of birth and National Insurance number.
- We’ll check these details with the Department for Work and Pensions to see if you’re on one of the qualifying benefits.
- You’ll get an instant response and, if eligible, you can complete your Home Essentials order straightaway.
Δ If you sign up to a new contract or renew your contract for a Landline (including call charges, features, add-ons and plans), BT Mobile (including plans, monthly add-ons, call, text, and data charges), BT Broadband, BT TV or BT Sport (including TV and Sport add-ons) the monthly price will increase each year from March 2022. That increase is based on the Consumer Price Index Rate of inflation which is published in January each year plus 3.9%.