You can view your email from the menu bar at www.bt.com by selecting either:
- The email link and logging in with your email address (ending @btinternet.com, @btopenworld.com or @talk21.com) and password
- The My BT link and logging in with your BT ID and password (depending on how you’ve set things up, this might be different from your email address and password)
Logging in via My BT gives you access to all your BT email addresses. So if you have more than one, you don't have to log in separately to look at them. If you haven't selected a 'favourite' email address, we'll ask you to do this. You don't have to, but if you have more than one email address, it gives you quick access to the email you use the most. Once you're logged in, you'll be able to switch between any other email addresses you have.
Also, we'll display the current status for every email address linked to the account and, where action is needed, we'll include a link to help you resolve any issues - if an account is suspended for non-usage or compromised for example.
How to fix log-in problems
Many customers find that resetting their password fixes their log-in problems.
It's possible that there's a temporary problem with the email service. Please check our service status pages >
Or select the problem you're experiencing below for more information:
- For security reasons, if you keep putting in the wrong email address or password, we'll lock your account for a short while. Make sure your 'Caps Lock' key isn't on, and check for spelling mistakes or extra spaces. Leave it a bit and then try to log in again later.
- Repeat log-in failures are most likely caused because the password in your mobile device, tablet or email program doesn't match your email account. So when you change your password, it’s important you also update all of the devices you use to access your email account. You’ll generally find this in 'Settings' or 'Tools'.
- If you're using a mobile device, tablet or computer program and you're getting password errors, you should try logging into your BT Email account at www.bt.com. If you can see your webmail OK, then it's likely to be a problem with the way your email program is set up.
If we've suspended your email address for any reason, you'll see an error message that tells you what to do. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
If we detect suspicious activity on your account, we'll secure it and you'll see a screen asking you to change your password. To get back up and running, and to maintain the security of your account, it's very important you follow all the instructions.
If you still can't log in, many customers find the BT community forum is a great way of getting help. It's easy to get answers to your questions.