To ask for paper bills to be sent to you, call us on 0800 800 150 and let us know that you'd like to receive paper bills in future. Please have your BT account number to hand.
Remember though, if you've signed up for online billing, you can always click on View bill > Download your bill in My BT. Here you can download and print your bill at any time. It looks the same as the paper bills we send out, and can be used for identification purposes. You can also print previous bills - they’re stored in My BT for 15 months.
If you need a copy of a current or recent bill but don't have access to a suitable printer, for a small charge, we can send you a copy of a bill >
Paper bill charge
There's a £3 charge for BT Broadband customers who get a paper bill to cover costs such as printing and postage. You'll have to pay the fee each time you get a bill through the post.
You can avoid the fee by logging in to your My BT account, stopping your paper bills and switching to online-only billing. It's simple, flexible and better for the environment.
No. The following customers won't have to pay:
- BT Basic customers
- Home Essentials customers
- Customers who are on Line Rental Plus
- Customers receiving alternative media bills such as Braille, large print and audio
- Customers getting Front page only bills
- Homephone Saver customers
- Customers who have our reduced rental for Landline Only (they have no broadband with us or any other supplier)
We want to encourage customers to take up online billing, especially since we know they have access to broadband. Online billing is simple, flexible and better for the environment.
Sign up to My BT and you can:
- Look at your bills online wherever you are, on a smartphone, computer or tablet
- Download and print your bills. We'll send an email when a new bill is ready and save up to 15 of your old bills online
- Look at your calls and broadband usage at any time
Signing up to My BT also allows you to take advantage of other BT products like BT Cloud and BT Wi-fi.