Set up your TV Box Pro
Check your hub
Position your TV Box Pro
Place your TV box within five metres of your hub where possible for a successful connection.
You can also follow our handy tips to get the best connection:
- Where possible, make sure there’s only one wall, floor or ceiling between the TV box and hub
- Place any Complete Wi-fi discs halfway between the TV box and hub
- Stand Complete Wi-fi discs on their feet if they’re on the same floor as the TV box and hub. If they’re on a different floor, tilt or lay them sideways to improve connection
- Place the TV box in well-ventilated, open and central location for safety
- Keep the TV box away from other electrical devices
Connect TV box to power
Plug the power cable into the back of the TV box and plug the power socket into the nearest socket on the wall. Make sure to unplug the Ethernet cable from the back of the TV box.
Press the power button on the front of the TV box to turn it on.
Set up your BT remote control
Install the batteries by removing the plastic protector and press the power button.
The remote control will automatically pair with the TV box and programme itself to control your TV as well, so there’s no need to use separate remotes.
Remote control not pairing?
Try to reset it by following these simple steps.
If your remote control does not pair, you will have to use separate remotes for your TV and TV box.
Follow on-screen instructions
Follow the instructions on your TV screen to continue with set up.
Important things to note:
- It can take up to two minutes to connect your Smart Hub to your TV Box Pro with the WPS button. There will be a two-minute countdown timer on your TV screen
- If you see a "weak signal" message next to your hub's name in the wi-fi network list, your devices need to be moved closer together. Check the position of your TV box from step 2. If your devices are still not connecting with wi-fi after this, you can use an ethernet cable instead