If your EE TV box is slow or freezes, here are some simple steps you can follow to fix the problem.
- Try restarting your box. Switch it off at the mains and wait 10 seconds before switching it back on. Sometimes a simple reboot does the trick
- Is the software up to date? To make sure:
- Press the Home (or YouView) button then go to Settings > Information & Reset
- Select Software Information
- Select Update Software
- If it's still slow after carrying out these steps, the last thing to try is a full reset of the EE TV box. Bear in mind that if you have to reset through the menus, you'll lose recordings and other settings on your box by doing a full reset
It's also worth considering whether it's your remote control that's at fault, or if it's a problem with On Demand or an internet channel.
Is it your remote control?
If your box is slow responding to a button press on your remote, it could well be a remote control problem. You'll find help fixing remote control problems here >
Freezing on a premium subscription channel or when watching On Demand?
This could be a problem with your connection rather than the box itself. See our help below for these types of problems: