If your BT TV box is slow or freezes, there are some simple steps you can follow to fix the problem. It's also worth considering if it's your remote control that's at fault, or if it's a problem with On Demand or an internet channel.
If your BT TV box is slow or freezes, here are some simple steps you can follow to fix the problem.
- Try restarting your box. Switch it off at the mains and wait 10 seconds before switching it back on. Sometimes a simple reboot does the trick
- Is the software up to date? To make sure:
- Press the Home (or YouView) button then go to Settings > Information & Reset
- Select Software Information
- Select Update Software
- If it's still slow after carrying out these steps, the last thing to try is a full reset of the BT TV box. Bear in mind that if you have to reset through the menus, you'll lose recordings and other settings on your box by doing a full reset
It's also worth considering whether it's your remote control that's at fault, or if it's a problem with On Demand or an internet channel.
Is it your remote control?
If your box is slow responding to a button press on your remote, it could well be a remote control problem. You'll find help fixing remote control problems here >
Freezing on a premium subscription channel or when watching On Demand?
This could be a problem with your connection rather than the box itself. See our help below for these types of problems: