There are two kinds of PIN for EE TV
- Payment PIN for authorising payments
- Parental control PIN for keeping children safe by restricting access
You create these when you first set up your TV box.
Payment PIN help
Your payment PIN can be used to
- Buy TNT Sports Box Office or Sky Sport Box Office events on EE TV
- Authorise purchases from EE Player
Reset payment PIN online >
If you've set up your BT ID you can use our help tool to reset your pin online.
- Click Reset my payment pin
- If not logged in, you'll be asked to log into your account
- Click Reset my payment pin again
- Re-enter your password for security
- Enter a new PIN number
To reset your PIN in the EE TV App:
- In the bottom right corner select My TV
- Click Reset my Payment Pin
- Enter your password for security
- Enter your new PIN number
Just press the Home (or YouView) button and choose Settings > Parental Controls > Restrict Rated Programmes.
For some On Demand programmes, you may need to enter your payment PIN to confirm payment before watching. If this happens, you may not be required to enter the parental control PIN, even when parental controls are switched on. This is because we'll verify your right to play the selected programme using your payment PIN.
If you don’t know your PIN, chances are it’s just the default, which is 1234. When entering a new PIN you’ll be asked to set a security question which will be used for future PIN resets.
If you can’t remember your parental control PIN, then you'll be asked to enter the security question answer. If you can’t remember this, the only way to change the PIN is by 'Factory Resetting' the box. Find out how to factory reset here >
- From the Home (or YouView) button, go to Settings > Parental Controls > Change Parental Control PIN
- Enter your original PIN. If you’ve never set one up, this will be 1234
- You’ll then be able to set a new PIN
From 1st August 2020, NOW introduced a mandatory daytime PIN in order to meet government legislation around broadcasting age restricted content during daytime hours (before 21:00).
We already have a Parental PIN in use today to access age restricted content on Sky Cinema channels. The use of this PIN will be extended to Sky Documentaries, Sky Comedy and Sky Atlantic.
The NOW TV Parental PIN is mandatory and separate from your BT Parental PIN. Learn more at the NOW TV website.