We strongly recommend that you don't remove BT Virus Protect unless you're planning to install other security software. It's crucial that you protect your identity and data from malicious.......
We strongly recommend that you don't remove BT Virus Protect unless you're planning to install other security software. It's crucial that you protect your identity and data from malicious scams, spyware and viruses, whether you're online or offline.
If you currently pay for BT Virus Protect and want to cancel, you’ll need to phone us on 0800 800 150.
Removing BT Virus Protect from a PC
- Go to Start Control Panel Programs. Use Add or Remove Program to remove BT Virus Protect from your program list. Select BT Virus Protect from the list and click Change/Remove
- On the next screen, select both the "BT Virus Protect" and "SiteAdvisor" check boxes and then click Remove
- Once the software has been removed, click on Restart now to restart your PC
- Once your PC's finished restarting, you'll need to run the BT Virus Protect removal tool to remove all traces of it. Download it at https://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe >
- Click on Run to run it there and then. Or you can save the file to your computer and run it from there by double-clicking on it. You might be asked for your computer's administrator password before you can launch it
- Once launched, follow the on-screen instructions
- When it's finished, you'll need to restart your computer again
Removing BT Virus Protect from a Mac
- Click Go from the "Finder" window and select Applications
- Find "McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller" in the list and double click on it
- Tick the box beside "Uninstall Site Advisor"
- Click Continue
- Enter your admin password and click OK
- Once the program shows that BT Virus Protect is uninstalled Click Finish