4G Calling means that when you make or receive a phone call, your phone will stay on 4G so your internet doesn't slow down. That means you can use data at 4G speeds even when you're on a call. Sounds simple, but you'd be surprised how few mobile providers will let you do this.
- With 4G Calling your calls now go over the 4G network, which makes them crystal clear between compatible phones
- 4G Calling is now available across the whole of BT's 4G network
If you're using Wi-Fi Calling, 4G Calling means your calls will seamlessly hand over between wi-fi and 4G.
What do I need for 4G Calling?
It's available to anyone with BT Mobile - whether you've got SIM only, a Family SIM or a BT Mobile phone plan. You'll need a compatible device with the latest software.
4G Calling on iPhones
- Make sure you have an iPhone 6 or later model and you have a mobile plan with us
- Check that your device's software is up to date. You'll need iOS 11.3 or later
- To do this, go into your phone settings, tap Software Update and install the latest update if available
- You're now ready to use 4G Calling as this is switched on by default
4G Calling on Android phones
- Make sure you use a phone that was bought from BT and you have a mobile plan with us
- Check if your device supports 4G Calling. You can easily do that with our MY BT app (just scroll down to the "Phone connectivity" section). Or log into bt.com/mymobile and go to the "Phone and SIM" section
- Update your software. For most Android devices you need to tap Settings from the dropdown menu, scroll down to "About phone" and tap Software Update. You're now ready to use 4G Calling as this is switched on by default
If you're looking to buy a new phone, you can see which phones are compatible at www.bt.com/mobilephones >