It's frustrating to lose an email you need. But don't panic, there are a few ways to get it back.
Why does an email go missing?
- You may have accidentally deleted it, or moved it to another folder.
- Our filters might have moved it to your Spam.
- Somebody could have gained access to your account.
- You might be using an email programme or mobile device with POP3 rather than IMAP.
How can I find a missing email?
- First, check your Trash and Spam folders.
- Check any filters you've set in case the missing email was moved to another folder.
- If you sometimes use an email programme or mobile device with POP3, your emails aren't automatically copied to our mail servers. So check there first. More about IMAP and POP
- If you still can't find your emails, someone else could have gained access to your account. If you think that's possible you need to secure your account.
Unfortunately, if none of these solutions work it won't be possible to recover your missing email.