The BT Smart Hub allows you to tune your wireless features to give you the best performance with all your wireless devices. Your BT Smart Hub is automatically set to Mode 1.
Before changing modes read the home wi-fi set-up checklist >
The modes are:
- Mode 1: Gives you the fullest featured wireless, maximising speed and range
- Mode 2: Some devices can sometimes struggle to use the latest wireless features. If you have any devices that can’t get a good wireless connection, try using this mode. Selecting this mode may reduce the wireless range and throughput but improve connectivity.
- Mode 3: Change to this mode if your wireless devices don’t perform well using mode 1 or 2. Selecting this mode will reduce the latest features as well as wireless range and throughput compared to Mode 1 and 2. It'll enable the broadest range of devices to operate on the wireless. The features that are reduced include: power saving procedures, traffic aggregation methods and Multiple Concurrent data streams
|Mode||Best for||Compatible with||Advanced features|
|1||Performance||g/n and a/n/ac||Y|
|2||Compatibility||b/n/g and a/n||N|
|3||Legacy||b/g and a||N|
- Open a new web browser on a device connected to your Hub and type 192.168.1.254 in the address bar. This will open the Hub manager
- Click Advanced Settings
- Click Wireless
- Enter the admin password. Unless you've previously changed it, you'll find the default password on your Hub settings card on the back of your Hub. If you have changed it and now forgotten it, you can use the password override feature to set up a new password without losing all your personal Hub settings and configuration
- By default your BT Smart Hub will be in Mode 1. To change mode click on the Mode box and select the mode you want to use.
- Select the mode you want to use and click Set
- Remember once you make any changes you will need to save them. Click Save
After changing the configuration settings, devices connected to your BT Smart Hub may lose connection. For devices connected via wireless you may lose access to the BT Hub Manager pages. You'll need to reconnect using the instructions provided with each device.