BT Cloud is exclusively available for free to all our BT Broadband customers.
What you get
Depending on your broadband package, you'll get 10GB, 200GB or 1000GB free. To check your free allowance:
- Go to www.bt.com/mybt and log in with your BT ID username and password
- Click on Your Products
- Scroll down and click on the BT Cloud panel
- This page will show you what your storage allowance is and how much you've used
Keeping track of your storage
On an Android phone:
- Go to the Menu (it looks like three horizontal lines).
- Click on the Settings cog.
- At the top of the page, you can see how much storage you’ve used and how much you have left.
How to buy more
If you want more space, you can buy one of our storage upgrades:
- an extra 50GB for only £3 a month
- an extra 500GB for only £9 a month
Extra storage is added to your free inclusive storage allowance and, when you upgrade, the first month is free. For example, if you have 10GB inclusive storage and you buy an extra 50GB for £3 a month, you'll have 60GB BT Cloud storage in total.
Remember that by storing your content in BT Cloud, it's protected even if your computer fails, you lose your phone or your hard disk gets damaged at home.
Need to free up some space?
When you're running out of storage you'll see a notification from your PC or Mac software, mobile app, or when you log in to BT Cloud on the web. Once you’ve reached your storage limit, you won’t be able to add any more files to BT Cloud Sync, and your auto backup may not be able to keep track of changes or additions to your backed up files.
If you don't want to increase your storage allowance, you'll need to reduce the number of files you've got on BT Cloud:
- Log in to BT Cloud at www.btcloud.bt.com >
- Select files you don't want to store on BT Cloud anymore, then go to the More menu and click Delete. Any files you remove will be sent to your Deleted Items folder
- Because files in your Deleted Items still count towards your storage allowance, you now need to Empty Deleted Items to remove them permanently
- Make sure you've chosen the right files to get rid of as once they're gone, they're gone. Alternatively, you can select and then remove individual files from within the Deleted Items view