When setting up BT Cloud for the first time, you'll be asked to choose the content you'd like to have backed up automatically. You can change these settings at any time.
You can automatically back up photos, videos, documents and contacts from all smartphones and tablets. On Android, you can also back up music, texts and call logs. To choose what content is automatically backed up:
On an Android device
1: Launch the BT Cloud app and open the Menu (it looks like three horizontal lines) then tap the Settings cog.
2: Select What to Back Up.
3: Tick or un-tick the content you would like to back up.
From an iPhone or iPad
- Launch the BT Cloud app and open the Menu (it looks like three vertical lines).
- Tap the Settings cog.
- Select What to Back up, this will display your backup options.
- Toggle the switches On or Off to choose what you want to backup automatically.
PC or Mac
On both PC and Mac, select whatever folders you want to have backed up in BT Cloud. Once selected, whenever that folder is modified, BT Cloud will be automatically updated with the changes. To add a folder to be backed up automatically:
- Open BT Cloud - you can find it on your Start Menu (Windows) or in the Applications folder (Mac)
- Click on the Cloud icon in the bottom bar of BT Cloud to open the backup settings box
- The setup has default folders available. Select or de-select the default folders you would like to have automatically backed up
- To back up other files and folders that aren't included in the default folders, click on the Add files or folders button
- Find and select the file or folder to be added and click Open. Repeat this process to add all the desired files and folders
- Click OK
If the files and folders you've selected to back up exceed your BT Cloud storage allowance, reduce the number of files selected or add more storage. To add more storage, select Buy more space and select the desired amount of storage.