If you're sufficiently in credit we may not take money from your account.
You can log into your account at My BT to check this.
Otherwise this means that we've applied to take your payment, but it was refused by your bank. You should have received a letter from us telling you we couldn't take the payment and that you may have to pay a late payment charge.
You can log into your account at My BT to check your Direct Debit details or pay your unpaid bill.
There are number of possible reasons your bank wouldn't let us take your payment:
- The bank account details we used didn't match with the bank
- There's not enough money in your account
- The payment was higher than a Direct Debit limit that you've set with your bank
- The bank has received a request to cancel the Direct Debit
- The bank account has been closed or transferred to another bank
Please contact your bank if you need more help with this.