Brighton stunned Premier League champions Manchester City as they came from behind to win 3-2 in front of their vocal home supporters at the Amex Stadium.

City looked in control after an early header from Ilkay Gundogan and Phil Foden’s superb solo effort early in the second half, despite having seen Joao Cancelo sent off for a professional foul after only 10 minutes.

However, the Seagulls, roared on by their 8,000 fans, mounted a superb fightback.

Leandro Trossard and Adam Webster hauled Brighton level before Dan Burn swept in a 76th-minute winner to give them a first win over City since 1989.

Edinson Cavani scored a splendid long-range effort to delight Manchester United supporters on their return to Old Trafford, but relegated Fulham battled to a 1-1 draw.

The Uruguay forward, who recently agreed a one-year contract extension, broke the deadlock in the 15th minute when he clipped a lob over Alphonso Areola from just inside the visitors’ half.

United, though, could not make the most of their dominance as Joe Bryan slotted in an equaliser with 14 minutes left.

Chelsea took revenge on Leicester for Saturday’s FA Cup final defeat with a 2-1 win at Stamford Bridge to boost their top-four hopes.

German forward Timo Werner had two goals ruled out during a frustrating first half for the Blues, who were beaten 1-0 at Wembley after being denied a late equaliser by VAR.

Toni Rudiger bundled the ball in from a corner to make the breakthrough two minutes into the second half.

In the 66th minute, Jorginho doubled Chelsea’s lead from the penalty spot, a decision upheld following a VAR review.

Kelechi Iheanacho set up a tense finale when he slotted home with 15 minutes left.

The home fans, though, were left celebrating at the final whistle as Chelsea moved third, a point above Leicester, who are three clear of Liverpool – but now having played a match more.

Earlier on Tuesday, Leeds guaranteed a top-half finish with a hard-fought 2-0 win over Southampton at St Mary’s Stadium.

The match looked set to be heading towards a goalless draw before Patrick Bamford broke the deadlock in the 73rd minute, poking the ball through the legs of Saints goalkeeper Alex McCarthy.

Leeds substitute Tyler Roberts then sealed victory in added time with a close-range finish.


Watch TNT Sports' unbeatable line-up of world-class live sport for just £29.99 a month.