Anthony Joshua has accepted “all terms presented” for a fight with Tyson Fury on Saturday 3 December, his management team have announced.

A statement released by 258 MGT on Twitter read: “258 and @MatchroomBoxing can confirm, on behalf of @anthonyjoshua, that we accepted all terms presented to us by Fury’s team for a fight Dec 3rd last Friday.


Watch TNT Sports' unbeatable line-up of world-class live sport for just £29.99 a month.

“Due to the Queen’s passing, it was agreed to halt all communication. We are awaiting a response.”

Fury’s promoter Frank Warren replied to the tweet, saying that the “contract will be with you very soon”.

The proposed bout between Britain’s leading heavyweights could take place at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff - the only major UK stadium with a retractable roof.

WBC champion Fury made an offer to his British rival last week after it emerged that WBO, IBF and WBA champion Usyk is injured and has ruled out defending his belts until next year.

Speaking on Twitter, the unbeaten heavyweight said: “Anthony Joshua, I know you’ve just lost a fight to Usyk, you’re beltless at the moment.

I’d like to give you the opportunity to fight me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world, and the lineal championship, in the next few months.”

Joshua suffered his second straight decision defeat to the Ukrainian in Saudi Arabia last month and was expected to be out of world title contention for some time.

The Briton failed in his bid to recapture the unified heavyweight titles, losing a split-decision in Jeddah against an inspired Usyk.

But in a significant development, the 32-year-old recently entered the WBC’s rankings at number six, clearing the path for Fury to make a voluntary defence without being granted special dispensation from the governing body.

Fury last fought in April, knocking out Dillian Whyte at Wembley Stadium to retain his WBC belt. He announced his retirement soon after before declaring he intends to fight on.

A projected showdown between the pair was scuppered last year when a US legal ruling forced Fury to fight Deontay Wilder for a third time.