Coronavirus: Delivery, installation and repair information >
Reporting dangerous or hazardous damage you see in the street
Cables, poles, cabinets and manholes are looked after by Openreach. Openreach want to know if any part of their network (outside the boundary of your property) has the potential to be a danger to the general public.
To report any of the following, please call us on 0800 023 2023 (option 1):
- Damaged underground cables (typically caused by mechanical diggers in built-up areas)
- Loose cables or cables dangling from telephone poles
- Damaged green cabinets or cabinets with open doors
- Damaged telephone poles
- Loose, cracked or missing manhole covers
- Unsafe Openreach worksites
Reporting problems or faults with your own service
If the problem is with your own BT line or service it's worth trying our landline troubleshooter to test your line and run through some quick checks.
If we can't find a fault or fix the problem online, we'll give you the option to book an engineer appointment.
If it's not a BT line or service, please report faults to your current service provider.