Auto-forwarding is a way of setting up your BT Mail so that any emails received are automatically sent on to another email address. You might want to do this if, for example, you wanted all the emails arriving at your @btinternet.com address to be sent on to your work email.
To auto forward email messages:
- Select the "Settings" icon from the toolbar
- Now select the "Mail" option from the left hand menu
- From the drop-down menu select "Auto forward"
- Tick the option to "auto forward all incoming emails" and type in the email address of the destination you want to forward your emails to. If you want to forward your email messages to more than one location, you can add multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma or semicolon.
- To keep a copy of forwarded mail, select the "Keep copy" field
- Click Save in the tab toolbar
- A confirmation message will appear at the top of the page
Email messages that are forwarded are not affected by any auto reply or filter settings that you have set. If you have an auto-reply set and subsequently auto-forward your email messages, you will need to ensure that the "Keep copy" field is selected. This will ensure that an auto-reply is sent.
To cancel the auto-forwarding simply un-tick the option to "Auto forward all incoming emails", remove the destination email address and click Save.