BT Plus Complete Wi-Fi - Terms and Conditions
1. What is the BT Plus Complete Wi-Fi Guarantee?
We now guarantee a strong Wi-Fi signal in every room of your home with our new Complete Wi-Fi service. The signal from your Smart Hub 2 is extended further around the home using Wi-Fi Disc(s), so no matter where you are, everyone in the home can get online. If for some reason you’re unable to get a strong Wi-Fi signal everywhere in your home and, we can’t fix the problem we’ll give you a one-off credit of £20 on your next BT bill.
2. Who is eligible to get BT Complete Wi-Fi service?
All customers who are eligible for BT Plus can take the Complete Wi-Fi service.
3. What equipment will I receive?
If you’re a BT Plus customer on a Complete Wi-Fi package we’ll automatically send you a new Smart Hub 2 and one Wi-Fi Disc to extend your Wi-Fi signal around the home - this is enough for the majority of homes to get a signal everywhere.
4. Who owns the Wi-Fi Discs?
BT owns all Wi-Fi Discs sent to you, and allows you to use the Wi-Fi Discs for as long as you have the Complete Wi-Fi service. If you leave the Complete Wi-Fi Service or the agreement is terminated you must return all Wi-Fi Discs provided, as detailed in point 9 below.
5. How does the Complete Wi-Fi Guarantee work?
If you’ve set up your Smart Hub 2 and your Wi-Fi Disc in your home and you don’t have a strong Wi-Fi signal in every room, we’ll run some diagnostic tests and if eligible we’ll send you another Wi-Fi Disc. If you’re still unable to get a strong Wi-Fi signal in every room, we’ll send you a second (and final) Wi-Fi Disc.
We’ll also carry out a series of diagnostic tests, and also send out an engineer to ensure your Wi-Fi Discs are positioned in the best place within your home to enhance your Wi-Fi signal.
After all of that, if you still don’t have a strong Wi-Fi signal in every room you can get a one-off credit of £20 on your next BT bill.
6. I have bought a Smart Hub 2 and Wi-Fi Disc(s) from BT will the Complete Wi-Fi Guarantee apply to me?
Unfortunately, if you don’t purchase our Complete Wi-Fi service then you will not be eligible to benefit from our Complete Wi-Fi Guarantee.
7. How can I test the Wi-Fi signal strength in each room of my home?
You can test the Wi-Fi signal strength in your home by logging into the My BT App and navigating to the “Your Wi-Fi network” section. There are two options:
(1) You’ll see a list of any devices connected to your home Wi-Fi with the signal strength (strong / weak) displayed next to each one; or
(2) Alternatively you can go to the signal checker in the My BT app. This enables you to test the signal on the device the My BT app is installed on. Before you press ‘check signal’ please ensure that you’re standing in the middle of the room that you want to check the Wi-Fi signal strength. Within a few seconds you’ll receive the outcome of the Wi-Fi signal strength. If your Wi-Fi signal strength isn’t strong, please contact us.
You can also use the My BT App to find the best location for your Wi-Fi Discs and complete the setup experience.
8. How do I claim a £20 bill credit if I don’t have signal in every room?
If you don’t have signal in every room, contact us at 0800 800 150 and if we’re unable to resolve the issue we’ll arrange for a one-off credit of £20 to be applied to your next BT Bill.
9. What happens if I want to leave the BT Complete Wi-Fi service?
If you leave the BT Complete Wi-Fi service you must return all Wi-Fi Discs back to us using the pre-paid returns envelope within 30 days from the date you tell us you would like to terminate the service, otherwise we’ll charge you £30 for each unreturned Wi-Fi Disc. You can find out more about our non-return equipment charges in our Tariff Guide. You may also have to pay us early termination charges if you leave the service before the end of any minimum contract period.
10. What information will BT collect as part of the Complete WI-FI service?
11. What BT Broadband benefits do customers receive if they have BT Plus with Complete Wi-Fi?
The Broadband Benefits are the 4G Wi-Fi Mini Hub and Dedicated UK and Ireland-based Support. You can find out more information about these here.
12. What BT Mobile benefits do customers receive if they have BT Plus with Complete Wi-Fi?
The Mobile Benefits are Broadband Backup, Mobile Data Boost and Fastest 4G Speed. You can find out more information about these benefits here.
13. Everything Else
These benefits don’t affect your statutory rights or any other legal rights that you may have.
We reserve the right to substitute equivalent benefits if this is necessary for reasons beyond our control.
If we add additional benefits to BT Plus we may amend these terms to reflect these new benefits. We will publish the amended terms here at www.bt.com/btplusterms.
These terms and conditions apply in addition to the terms of your service (available at www.bt.com/legalstuff).