Supporters Club terms
The Supporters Club Terms and Conditions for Text Donate
- By texting the word "Join" together with your BT landline home phone number to 82010, the BT account holder is agreeing to set up a £1, £3 or £5 monthly direct debit donation, without Gift Aid to The Supporters Club, on their account. We reserve the right to verify the eligibility and identity of BT account holders who participate in Text Donate.
- BT will not set up Text Donate if your BT account cannot be found via the BT landline number provided or if your account is closed or not eligible.
- The Supporters Club Terms & Conditions for donations paid through your BT Bill can be found below.
- Standard network rates apply per text and will vary depending on your mobile provider's network rates.
- You will receive a text in reply confirming we have received your message (you will not be charged for this text).
- Once your Text Donate has been set up you will receive an email confirmation and this will appear on your monthly bill. Your monthly donation is non-refundable.
- The Supporters Club fund is managed by Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England & Wales); SC039730 (Scotland).
The Supporters Club Terms & Conditions for Donations Paid Through Your BT Bill
About The Supporters Club
- The Supporters Club Fund is a restricted fund within Comic Relief, registered charity number 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland); Hanover House, 14 Hanover Square, London W1S 1HP (registered number 1806414), and is managed by Comic Relief. The Supporters Club is managed by British Telecommunications plc, registered office 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ (registered number 1800000) ("BT"), in conjunction with Comic Relief Limited. These terms of service describe the service that BT provides which allows you to make donations to The Supporters Club within Comic Relief through your BT bill.
- BT is authorised to collect donations and to reclaim Gift Aid on behalf of Comic Relief under the UK government's Gift Aid scheme.
How to pay
- You may choose to donate recurring monthly amounts of £1, £3 or £5 to The Supporters Club Fund.
- Your monthly donation will appear on your bill. The billing and payment terms that apply to your other BT services also apply to your monthly donation. Your monthly donation is non-refundable.
- You must be a BT customer in order to donate to The Supporters Club Fund through your BT bill. Your monthly donation will cease if you or we cancel your BT services.
Use of your donation
- BT is not responsible for any dissatisfaction you may have regarding Comic Relief's use of any donation you may make through The Supporters Club.
The Supporters Club fees
- Neither The Supporters Club, nor Comic Relief charge any fees for using this service.
Termination of donations
- You may change or cancel your monthly donation to The Supporters Club at any time by contacting BT. The change or cancellation may not be reflected straight away on your next available BT bill but any change or cancellation will be backdated to take effect from the date we received your instruction. These terms of service will continue to apply to past use by you.
- BT reserves the right to cancel your monthly donation at any time without notice.
- BT reserves the right to suspend or discontinue The Supporters Club and cease your donations at any time with or without notice.
- BT's commitment to match every £1 you donate may be withdrawn at any time without notice.
- You agree to notify BT if your name or address changes.
- If you need to contact BT, please use the address on your last bill or any other postal address, e-mail address or phone number we have given to you for that purpose. If we need to contact you we will use your billing address, e-mail address, mobile or fixed phone number.
Gift Aid information
- When you donate to The Supporters Club and confirm that you are a UK taxpayer in accordance with the requirements of the Gift Aid scheme as they apply from time to time, BT reclaims Gift Aid under the Gift Aid scheme. To qualify for Gift Aid you must pay an amount of UK Income and/or Capital Gains Tax that is at least equal to the tax that BT (and all other charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs that you donate to) will reclaim on your donations in that tax year. Council Tax and VAT do not count for Gift Aid purposes. If your circumstances change and you no longer pay sufficient tax, or your name or address changes, you should notify BT.
- BT is not an accounting, taxation or financial advisor, and you should not rely on information given on The Supporters Club website to determine the accounting, tax or financial consequences of making a donation to The Supporters Club. We strongly recommend that you consult your own adviser(s) about any accounting, taxation or financial consequences that may affect you.
Use of your personal information
- The personal information which we ask you to give us when making your donation will be used by us in connection with processing your payment. Any personal information given to BT to enable BT to reclaim Gift Aid will be passed to HM Revenue and Customs for this purpose.
- All trademarks, service marks or logos that appear on The Supporters Club, Comic Relief or BT's website, in particular (but not exclusively) those of member charities, are the property of their respective owners and are likely to be registered trademarks and subject to restrictions as to their use. They must not be used without the express permission of both BT and the trade mark owner.
- All content on The Supporters Club website is owned by BT, Comic Relief or other original providers, and is protected by the applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. No use of the website's content is permitted without the express prior permission of BT, and, where applicable, the copyright holder.
Failure to comply with these terms
- In the event that you commit a breach of these terms of service BT reserves the right at its sole discretion to immediately and without notice suspend or permanently deny your donations.
Limitation of Liability
- BT does not, and nothing in these terms shall act to, exclude or limit BT's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence, fraud or any other liability which may not by applicable law be excluded or limited. Subject to exceptions listed above, in no event shall BT be liable for any claims, loss or damage, whether direct or consequential which you claim to have suffered by reason of your donations or access to The Supporters Club website.
Changes to The Supporters Club website and these terms of service
- BT may change the format and content of The Supporters Club website and these terms of service from time to time. You should refresh your browser each time you visit The Supporters Club website to ensure that you download the most up to date version of the website, including the latest version of these terms of service.
- These terms of service are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Third party rights
- A person who is not a party to these terms of service has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms of service.
Use of The Supporters Club website
- The Supporters Club is not responsible for the content others post on its pages within The Supporters Club website, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know.
Terms and Conditions for The Supporters Club Social Media Campaign on 25-28 October 2013
- BT will donate £1 to the Supporters Club for every tweet and/or re-tweet of '#thesupportersclub' from 06:00 pm on Friday 25th October to 06:00 am on Monday 28th October, up to £100,000.
- The Supporters Club fund is managed by Comic Relief, registered charity, No. 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland).
Back to top