Can I change the login username?
Once set, the username can’t be changed. If you wish to use a new username you have to create a new account, however please note that if you do this, you’ll lose the events and all your personalised settings from the old account.
How can I change or reset my password?
In the Smart Controls App:
- Log in to the BT Smart Controls App
- Tap the Settings button on the bottom right of the screen
- Tap the gear icon next to your email address
- Tap Change Password
- Provide your existing password
- Provide your new password and repeat it to confirm
- Tap the Change button
Can I get a password reminder?
You cannot request a password reminder when logged into the Smart Controls application, you can only request to reset your password or simply change your current password - which requires the current password.
To request a new password using the BT Smart Controls App:
- On the log in screen of the BT Smart Controls App, tap the Forgot Password link
- Enter your email address, then tap Send
Why do I need to add my phone number and set up a PIN?
We have this as a security verification step. Whenever you log in, you'll need to verify the device with the PIN sent to your mobile phone number via SMS.
Once you've logged in to the BT Smart Controls app, you can add a secondary back up phone number. This is in case you change your primary number or don’t always have access to the mobile phone.