We're stopping our Home Cam 100 service in January 2020. Please take a look at our FAQs under 'End of service information' for more details.
Home video monitoring on the move
You will need Adobe Reader to view PDF documents
Product helpdesk information
By phone: 0808 100 0255
Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5.30pm
Saturday - 9.00am to 2.00pm
BT Smart Home Cam 100 FAQs
- What are the minimum system requirements to use the Home Cam?
- Is the Home Cam application (App) available for iPhone and iPad and where would I find the app on the App Store?
- Is the Home Cam application (App) available for Android devices and where would I find the App on the Play Store?
- How do I connect to the Home Cam?
- How do I access my Home Cam on the PC or Laptop?
- Can I use any other Apps to monitor the Home Cam live video streaming?
- How do I access camera settings?
- Where can I find the night vision settings and how do I control it?
- How do I adjust the video streaming quality?
- How do I change between HD and SD live video?
- How do I access the live camera stream?
- How long can I view the Home Cam live video?
- How do I turn on or off auto login for the App?
- How can I turn on or turn off the audio monitoring?
- How can I take a snapshot from the live video stream or how can I record it?
- Can I log in to my account from two devices at the same time?
- Why do I get logged out and get a “you have logged in from another machine” message?
- How many Home Cams can I have on one App?
- Is there a maximum number of cameras that you can set up on any single user account?
- How do I restore the Home Cam to its original settings?
- How do I change the name of the camera?
- How do I delete a camera?
- How do I change the time zone of the camera?
- How do I change the orientation of the live stream?
- How can I turn on or off motion detection?
- How do I access motion triggered events?
- How can I change the sensitivity of the motion trigger?
- Can sound events trigger the camera?
- Can I adjust the length of the motion sensor recording or how long an event will be recorded?
- Can motion triggered notifications be sent to more than one email address?
- How can I stop the push alerts and the email alerts?
- What is premium service?
- How much does premium service cost?
- How long are the clips stored in the cloud?
- What is the free trial?
- Do I need to wait until my trial is over to purchase the 30 days recording plan (premium service)?
- Can I renew the 30 day plan at any time?
- What happens if I have an issue with the premium services purchase?
- If I subscribe to the Home Cam premium recording service how long will the events be accessible to view?
- Can I mark recordings to be kept and not deleted from the premium storage?
- Can I stop saving clips automatically to the cloud?
- Can I have the events recording for part of the day only?
- How do I copy recorded events to my local storage on my home computer or personal device?
- How do I delete an event recording?
- Can I download videos of events from the App to my smartphone?
- Can I email videos of events to myself/others from the App?
- How can I share a video with 3rd parties such as the police, e.g. following a burglary?
- Why can’t I open the Home Cam app after updating to the latest app version 1.0.14?
- Why does live view sometimes seem to lag behind actual events?
- Why can’t I access my Home Cam when I’m out of the home?
- My live video streaming is pixelating, what is the problem?
- Does the Home Cam traffic count towards my Broadband usage limit?
- Can I use the Home Cam through a window or through glass?
- How do I mount the Home Cam on the wall?
- Can I use other brands’ devices on the Home Cam App?
- Is the BT Home Cam and App compatible with any other CCTV systems?
- Can I switch the camera off or configure times when it switches on or off?
- Can the Home Cam work on a Wi-Fi Extender?
- Can I set my Home Cam up while on a BT FON, Openzone or BT Wi-Fi public networks?
- How do I clean the Home Cam?
- Is the camera suitable for installation outside the home, e.g. in sheds, garages and non-dry environments?
- How do I update my Home Cam firmware?
- Why is my camera service stopping?
- Is there an alternative camera I can use?
- How do I order my new camera?
- I haven't received an email?
- What are the features of the Smart Home Cam?
- What will happen to my user account? Do I need to do anything?
- How do I recycle my equipment?
- What are the key dates?
- Can I back up my data?
- Why am I seeing a 'Service Error' message when creating a new account?
- I've received details of switching over to the new Smart Camera, but I own more than one Home Cam 100 camera?