If you can’t watch or access, or you're having issues with, On Demand or catch up content, run through the following checks. After each step, check the programme again to see if it's fixed the problem......
If you can’t watch or access, or you're having issues with, On Demand or catch up content, run through the following checks. This includes the picture freezing, breaking up or buffering.
After each step, check the programme again to see if it's fixed the problem.
Check your cables are connected correctly. Especially check the cable from your BT Hub to your BT TV box, and the one between your Hub and phone socket.
See the user guides if you're not sure how to connect your equipment.
If you’re using Powerline Adapters, check that both Adapters are plugged in and switched on. Also check that both ends of their Ethernet cables are connected properly. Here's how to check Powerline Adapters or BT Mini Connectors are working >
Make sure the cable between your TV and BT TV box is connected securely. If you're using a SCART cable, try using an HDMI cable for the best viewing experience. HD channels need to be viewed with an HDMI cable.
Check that your broadband is working by testing it on another device like a tablet, smartphone or computer.
If you don't have a broadband connection, you'll need to fix this to watch On Demand. Visit our BT Broadband connection problems to find out how.
In order to watch On Demand with good picture and sound, you need minimum download speeds of:
- 2.5Mbps for standard definition (SD)
- 5.5Mbps for high definition (HD)
- 25Mbps for ultra high definition (UHD)
Test your speed to make sure your connection is running fast enough.
If your speed isn’t fast enough, please get help improving your speed. Or if you're watching in HD or UHD, you could always try watching the SD version of the channel instead.
- Press the Home (or YouView) button
- Go to Settings > Information Reset > Software information > Update Software
The last step is to try restarting your BT Hub, modem and BT TV box:
- Disconnect the power supply from your Hub and BT TV box. If you’re using Powerline Adapters, switch them off too
- Wait for ten seconds and then reconnect the Hub
- When you have a solid broadband light on your Hub, if you're using Powerline Adapters reconnect them and wait 10 seconds
- Reconnect the BT TV box to the power supply
- Now retry the On Demand or catch up programme