Help with phishing scams
Phishing is a type of online identity theft. Scammers use messages designed to look as if they are from a genuine company to try and trick you into giving out private information like your BT ID username and password or even your bank details.
Think before you click
- BT will never ask you for private/personal details or banking information out of the blue
- BT will never send you an email with an attachment
Keep yourself safe by following this golden rule
Do not click on any links in a suspicious email.
If you're worried about an email that appears to be from BT, rather than clicking on any links you should type www.bt.com/mybt in your browser to log in to your My BT account.
- From here you can check your account details are up to date and view your bill
- Alternatively use our automated phone service to check your balance - 0800 443 311
- Forward the email to our dedicated mailbox – firstname.lastname@example.org - and delete the email