Many of our customers with broadband connection problems find that the following steps help.
- Make sure there are lights on your Hub. If not, check the power cables are plugged in properly and it's switched on at the mains.
- Turn off your Hub, computer, and any devices you are trying to connect for five minutes before restarting. This really can help.
- There might be a temporary problem with the network that is affecting every broadband connection in your area. Check for network problems by logging into your My BT app and choosing Help and Support, then Broadband, then Check service status.
- Broadband needs a working phone line. So check you can make a phone call, and that there's no noise on the line.
- The issue may be with your internal telephone extensions, rather than be a problem with your phone line itself. You can easily check this by connecting your Hub to your test socket.