All about BT Parental Controls
BT and other internet providers have made a commitment to the government to ask all of our customers to decide whether they want BT Parental Controls.
Parental Controls are tools that help families protect children from inappropriate content on the internet and control what they can access by filtering content online.
About BT Parental Controls
BT Parental Controls help keep your children safe online. Once activated, all devices connected to your BT Hub will have content filtered to a restriction level that you set. These filters will also apply if you use your BT ID to log in to BT Wi-fi.
- The key features of BT Parental Controls:
- Protects all devices (computers, laptops, tablets, iPads, handheld devices, smartphones) that connect to your home internet connection
- Three predefined filter levels (strict, moderate and light)
- Personalise your own filter levels
- Works when using your BT ID on UK BT Wi-fi hotspots
- No software required
- Simple set-up
- 'Always allow' specific sites
- 'Always block' sites that you feel are inappropriate
- Set up homework time - for extra peace of mind when children are doing their homework
- Set a time for filters to be on or off
You can set up BT Parental Controls by logging into My BT at www.bt.com/mybt. You'll find BT Parental Controls in the My Extras sections.
For more help setting up and using BT Parental Controls, see our How to guide.