What is Call Diversion?
Call Diversion lets you divert your calls to almost any phone, including your mobile. Call Diversion can also divert calls while your phone line is in use.
Call Diversion is just one of the calling features available in the Calling Features Pack. You can order it online now and check out our other calling features at www.bt.com/callingfeatures >
To use Call Diversion, you'll need a touch tone phone switched to tone dialling. Most modern phones have this feature.
How much does it cost?
The monthly cost depends on how many calling features you have from those offered in the Calling Feature Pack. A 30-day minimum term applies. Line Rental Plus customers can choose to opt in to take the Calling Feature Pack at no extra cost.
- One Calling Feature - £6.36 a month
- Two to four Calling Features - £11.26 a month
- Five or more Calling Features - £14.74 a month
The cost of the calls
Once you've ordered and activated Call Diversion, you’ll then be charged for the duration of any calls that are diverted, plus the standard call set-up fee. The call diversion cost per minute will be same as if you were making a call from your landline (outside of your calling plans inclusive calls). So the cost of a diversion will depends on:
- The duration of the diverted call
- The type of number you're diverting to. For example, diverting to a mobile number will cost more than a landline
How do I get it?
How do I use Call Diversion?
How to divert calls
First you need to order Call Diversion, it can take up to 24 hours before you can use it.
To divert your calls, follow these instructions on the telephone line you want to divert from:
- To divert all calls dial: *21*(phone number you want to divert to)#
- To divert any calls you don't manage to answer within 15 seconds dial: *61*(phone number you want to divert to)#
- To divert calls when your phone is engaged dial: *67*(phone number you want to divert to)#
An announcement will tell you that you've set it up successfully.
How to check which numbers you're diverting calls to
To check the diverts you've set up on your line, follow these instructions:
- To check the number you've set up for divert all calls: *#21#
- To check the number you've set up for calls you don't manage to answer within 15 seconds: *#61#
- To check the number you've set up when your phone is engaged: *#67#
Switching off Call Diversion
To switch off Call Diversion, follow these instructions:
- To switch off "divert all calls" dial: #21#
- To switch off a diversion you've set up for calls you don't manage to answer within 15 seconds dial: #61#
- To switch off a diversion you've set up when your phone is engaged dial: #67#
Using Call Diversion and Call Barring together
If you've got Call Barring and want to use it with Call Diversion, you must switch Call Diversion on first.
Call Diversion and BT Text
When Call Diversion is used in conjunction with BT Text, your telephone line will need re-registering for BT Text after Call Diversion is removed. To do this you will need to send a text saying 'register' to 00000.
Call Diversion with Voicemail
If you use Call Diversion with either of these services, then Call Diversion will take priority over the handling of the incoming call.
When you have both Call Diversion and Voicemail and choose to activate Call Diversion, you will not hear the usual interrupted dial tone to indicate that the diversion is active. You'll only hear a change in dial tone when there is a new message on Voicemail.
How do I remove Call Diversion from my line?
You can easily manage all your home phone calling features online.
BT Calling Features user guide (PDF doc, 170KB)
You will need Adobe Reader to view PDF documents.