If you have money worries, just contact us and we'll work out a way to ensure you still get the very best from our services, whether you need help managing your account, controlling your calls or staying connected on a budget.
Pension credit gives you extra money to help with your living costs if you’re over State Pension age and on a low income.
Find out more in our Pension Credit Guide
BT Home Essentials social tariff
Our low-cost phone and broadband package for people on certain state benefits.
Learn more about Home Essentials
Control spending on your outgoing calls
Our range of call barring services can help you save money on the calls you make from your home phone.
View call barring options
Protected Services Scheme
By joining this scheme, you can prevent your service from being cut off if you don't pay your bill due to exceptional circumstances.
Learn more about the Protected Services Scheme
If you're struggling to pay your bill
If you’re struggling with your bill, we’ll do everything we can to support you. Speaking to us early will help prevent late payment charges and possible restrictions to your account.
If you owe money now, you’ll probably have to pay part of your bill first. You can pay your bill immediately online with a credit or debit card – it’s secure, quick and easy. Call us on 0800 800 150 to discuss your options.
If you're struggling with debt
Breathing Space is a government scheme which can help relieve the pressure and stress caused by being in debt.
There are two parts to the scheme:
• Standard Breathing Space – which you apply for through a debt advisor, and which lasts up to 60 days with a review between days 25 and 35.
• Mental Health Crisis Breathing Space – which is specifically for people in mental health crisis treatment and can only be applied for with an approved mental health practitioner. It lasts for the duration of your treatment, plus 30 days.
You can only apply for Breathing Space through a debt advisor. It’s not a payment holiday, so you’ll have to pay your debts during this time, but it does prevent action against you if you’re unable to pay.
Money management support and advice
A collection of online tools and guides to help you manage your money, including benefits calculators, budget planners and price comparison tools.
More help and advice
If you need more help or support financially, several organisations offer free, independent advice, including:
- Step Change: free online debt advice and support
- Money Advice Trust: a national charity which helps people across the UK to tackle their debts and manage their money with confidence
- Citizens Advice: a network of independent charities offering confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free
- The Money Map from Citizens Advice Scotland: helping you find sources of online support on immediate and essential money problems, and how to make the most of your money
- Money Helper: impartial guidance to make your money and pension choices easier
- Turn2us: a national charity providing practical help to people who are struggling financially