The Premium email product gives you exactly the same functionality as the Standard email product you get with broadband from BT, but you have to pay for it. It costs £7.50 a month by direct debit and you can create up to 10 extra email addresses for family and friends.
If you're an existing BT email customer and have additional email addresses linked to your BT ID, we'll automatically move these all across as part of the order process, creating a single Premium email account for all your email addresses.
- Customers who don't want broadband from BT anymore, but want to keep their email addresses
- Customers who have email addresses created for them by the broadband account holder, but wish to take responsibility themselves
- Customers who live in the UK with a UK bank account. Although we provide the ability the use the service outside of the UK, you must not use it solely for this purpose. If you now live permanently overseas you must no longer use the service and need to contact us >
If you've already got broadband from BT, you can link your email address to your account and get your email for free. For help in doing this, see Can I move my BT email address to another account? >
If you're eligible to have Premium email you'll be able to order it from the email management page:
- Log in to My BT with your BT ID
- Click on Package and then Included extras
- Scroll down and from the BT Email link select Manage BT Email
- If the BT Broadband service has been ceased, you'll see a message and a link to Move to Premium email. Click on the link and place your order
- If you've been given an email address by the account holder, you'll see a link at the top of the page to Move to Premium email. Click on the link and place your order
- You should get an email notification within 24 hours to confirm it's done, but during the move you'll still be able to log in and use the service as normal
- If you don't see an option to move to Premium email or don't have a BT ID, you may be able to place an order for Premium email here
- If not, you can always contact us on 0808 100 6778 - Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 6pm