The new BT Sport enhanced player was launched in January 2020 with an improved look and feel. Customers can still access every feature that existed in the old player, but the way they are accessed is slightly different.
Customers can watch on iOS and Android devices, but not Windows 10.
- A timeline with key moments tagged with icons so you can go back and watch as many times as you like
- Goal alerts (for selected events) so you don't miss any of the action in other games
- Live stats – see who has run the furthest, made the most passes, which team is dominating possession, and many more stats which update live
- Multi-cam (for select events – re-watch key moments from multiple angles, that you get to choose
- VR360 (for select events) – feel like you're at the stadium with immersive VR360
Available on the following competitions:
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League
- Premier League
- FA Cup
- Scottish Premiership
- Rugby Premiership
- Champions Cup
- Boxing (selected)
- UFC (selected)
Using the enhanced BT Sport player
- Click on the menu in the corner of the screen to get access to live stats, lineups etc
- The timeline will appear when you move the cursor across the screen – click on individual icons to re-watch key moments – be sure to select the multicam icon when you do this if you'd like to choose a different angle
- Access stats, lineups, tactics, and match switcher through the menu in the top corner. Press 'X' to get back to full screen
- The timeline will appear when you tap on the screen – be sure to select the multicam icon when you do this if you'd like to choose a different angle
- Have your phone in portrait mode to access stats, lineups, and match switcher (selected events). Scroll to the right to access more features
- To watch the event in full screen, turn your device into landscape and this will happen automatically. For larger screen mobile devices, 'pinch' the screen with two fingers to expand to full screen
- Access timeline by tapping on the screen when in landscape mode. Tap on an icon to bring up a list of key events and select the one you want
- Multicam and VR360 – access after you click on an icon – there will be a symbol next to events where you are able to watch in multicam in the full list that appears over the screen
- For MotoGP, WWE and UFC, utilise the 'Chapter feature, so you can more easily find the fight or race you're looking for. Select the symbol and then choose the fight/race you want
- You can do this in the Settings area of the app. You are not able to select the picture quality from within the enhanced player
- We are working on it but you can't currently do this in the enhanced player. please try in the standard player instead
This may be the result of your device not supporting the full HD experience. To fix the picture issue:
- Tap on the drop-down menu in the top-left corner of the app
- Tap on Settings at the bottom
- In the ‘Enhanced player video quality’ section, deselect both toggles so they show ‘Up to SD'
We're working on it, as we want to make sure you have the best viewing experience with us on all your devices. But at the moment, the enhanced player isn't supported on foldable devices.
Yet to join the action?
You can watch BT Sport on your TV, the BT Sport App and online player. The cheapest way to watch BT Sport is as part of a BT TV package.