Here's some troubleshooting help if you're watching the BT Sport App on Apple TV, Android TV, NOW TV devices, Amazon Fire TV devices, Roku players, Playstation, Samsung TV , Xbox or Chromecast with Google TV and it's not working.
If the app's not working after you've downloaded it, try turning your device off and back on again. If this doesn't work, try uninstalling the app and downloading it again.
- Check you haven't disconnected from your internet connection
- Reboot your device and try again
- Check your device has enough storage space. Your user guide will show you how to do this
- Check your device is running the minimum requirements that the BT Sport App will work with
To use the BT Sport App you need to have a BT ID. If you don't have a BT ID yet, you can create one now. All you need is an email address and your account number, which you'll find at the top of your latest bill. If you haven't got a bill, we can send you your account number in the post >
Once you've created your BT ID, you'll need to activate it to access the app and online player. Look out for an email containing an activation link that you need to click.
Remember that only the primary account holder’s BT ID can be used to log in to the app.
You should try:
- Connecting to a BT Hub whenever possible
- Asking other users of the same connection to stop downloading large files
- Connecting using an Ethernet cable if your device is capable
Some users have had problems with audio becoming out of sync on Amazon Fire TV devices during playback.
Please make sure you have installed the most recent firmware from Amazon. Use the main power supply to power your Amazon device, as powering your Amazon Fire device with your TV’s USB port can sometimes cause audio to unsync.
The new BT Sport help tool is available to all sport customers. When things go wrong, it can quickly get you up and running again. Please click the link below to get started:
Haven’t ordered BT Sport yet?
Order BT Sport with a BT Broadband, TV or mobile package. Or, you can order for Sky and Talk Talk TV.