We have the biggest public Wi-Fi network in UK, and is one of the largest in the world. We make sure our customers can get the connectivity that they need in more places than ever, and we make sure that they always get the best experience possible. To do this we have to seamlessly integrate both networks and software, and make sure everything that we do delivers excellent availability and resilience.
As a WiFi IOT Professional, you’ll be responsible for designing engineering solutions to provide new features or improve the performance of our Wi-Fi solutions. You’ll help identify the right technical solutions to meet requirements, but also be being mindful of resilience and cost. Working across a wide range of technologies, you’ll then out your plans into action, designing, implementing and supporting software in an Agile Dev-Ops framework using both on premises and cloud infrastructure.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Supporting a component of a technical project, managing the risk and business impact.
- Assist with planning and monitoring of all activities, from scoping to live, making sure everything is delivered on time.
- Support the identification and resolution of problems and defects to ensure we only deliver top quality products.
- Take part in peer reviews, to contribute to identify and flag errors or potential issues.
- Develop your knowledge and skills in modern software and networking technologies
- Develops working relationships and communicates with a range of project stakeholders across team.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- A 2.2 degree or higher in a STEM subject
- Ability to write basic code
- Ability to build your understanding of infrastructure, products, services and complex offerings
- Advocate for the use of new technologies
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and work in situations where not everything may be fully defined.
Please note that this role will not rotate around the business. This is an entry level graduate job, meaning you will learn how to do a specific role. This role is available in the Networks part of our business.