Security is the fastest growing part of BT and when it comes to keeping everyone safely connected. We deal with over 6,500 cyber-attacks on our networks every day, so that millions of people can safely go about their daily lives and run their businesses. It’s all about delivering vital work at scale, with real breadth and impact.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Help our customers by designing, creating and testing brand new concepts in security software.
- Deliver cutting edge software solutions across a variety of projects and develop software systems for customers across the globe.
- Work with specialist in their area to innovate the world of security products, following the software development lifecycle.
- Work with the wider team to get agreement on required budgets, resources and timescales to deliver new functionality.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- A 2.2 degree or higher in a STEM subject
- Experience in coding, ideally with at least one of Python, Objective – C or Java
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
- Ability to convert highly technical concepts into simple to understand language.
- Strong communicator, and able to explain and drive change.
Because of the nature of the work we do for some of our customers, our roles will require security clearance. Don’t worry, a member of the Early Careers Team will talk you through this.
Please note that this role will not rotate around the business. This is an entry level graduate job, meaning you will learn how to do a specific role. This role is available in the Global part of our business.