Our mobile network is currently the best performing in the UK, according to external benchmarking reports. And we intend to keep it that way.
You’ll be working across multiple technologies, including 2G, 3G, 4G, Wi-Fi & Fixed telephony. Meaning the networks you’re working on, have a direct impact on over 30 million users. You’ll help to deliver and maintain network services, as well as support platform design and capacity management not just for business as usual, but projects too.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Help to design and create scalable solutions, keeping the customer experience in mind.
- Measure network capacity and performance, and plan upgrades, configuration changes or migration activities.
- Help to produce detailed design outputs of platforms and service levels
- Producing and maintaining high level and low-level quality design documentation
- Work with closely with the team and wider stakeholder to communicate project plans and requirements
- Provides in-life support for issues related to their specific solution and root cause analysis for their own designs.
- Designs solutions that are scalable, adaptable & cost effective in line with business needs and manage the integration of the design.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- A 2.2 degree or higher in a STEM subject
- An understanding of the work carried out in network design.
- Knowledge of a variety of networking tools and switches.
- Skills with troubleshooting and low-level diagnostic ability.
- Strong communication skills
- Able to show that you’re comfortable working with ambiguity
Please note that this role will not rotate around the business. This is an entry level graduate job, meaning you will learn how to do a specific role. This role is available in the Networks part of our business.