Everyone these days knows how key data is to any business. Data helps influence change, demonstrate trends and show a business what new directions to take. Working on some of our transformational projects, you’ll become the data expert, leveraging various analysis tools to help build end to end data platforms and support data management.
You’ll be joining a team of highly skilled data engineers to create, and maintain our data models. You’ll learn to apply data cleansing techniques and data standardisation rules to help keep documents and data quality up to date. Working with the wider team, you’ll look at what the data journey needs to look like, and collaborate with the Data Architect team to develop our products and services.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Apply your data expertise to develop and advise approach on a range of complex, high impact and data solutions.
- Develop and deliver high quality and comprehensive data pipelines and data flows into analytics platforms
- Make sure data is available and of the right quality, as well as compliant with best practice.
- Help resolve technical problems
- Help identify new potential data source, and make sure we’re always trying to improve our ways of working
- Identifies ways to standardise and simplify engineering processes
You'll have the following skills & experience
- A 2.2 degree or higher in a STEM subject
- An understanding of the concepts and principles of data engineering
- Good awareness of Data Management best practice, including data lifecycle management.
- Strong skills in R, SQL, Python and CI/CD tools
- Good communication skills for all levels of an organisation
Please note that this role will not rotate around the business. This is an entry level graduate job, meaning you will learn how to do a specific role. This role is available in the Networks part of our business.