The UK EC-RRG - The Electronic Communications Resilience and Response Group - takes the lead in developing and maintaining links within the telecommunications sector and with Government on matters connected with resilience through:
- providing a forum for exchanging resilience planning and response information within the telecommunications industry sector and with Government
- providing a response through NEAT (the National Emergency Alert for Telecommunications) to rapidly develop a situational picture of the state of the sector in an emergency
- undertaking work programmes to inform industry response arrangements to emergencies
- fostering a closer working relationship and understanding of telecommunications with National, Regional and Local Resilience Forum (LRF) communities
- owning and maintaining the National Emergency Plan for the telecommunications sector
The Group believes that the response to major incidents that involve telecommunications benefits from a co-ordinated response based on a shared understanding of the impact.