- You are here:
- Phones & Services
- Services from BT
Services from BT
Our range of helpful services can help protect you if you forget to pay your bill, give you priority treatment if you have a fault, help you with computer problems and much more.
Our calling features let you get more from your home phone, with ways to help you take messages, put a stop to unwanted calls and more.
Managing your calls
Our calling features can help you find out the phone number of the last person who called you, and let you send and receive text messages on your home phone if you find speaking or hearing difficult.
BT 1471 – Get the number of the last person who called you
- £0 a month
- No need to sign up, just dial 1471 on your home phone
- Return the call straight away, by pressing 3*
* Dialling BT 1471 without using Call Return is free. The Call Return feature of BT 1471 costs a fixed fee of 17.7p. The fee will apply when you press 3 to return your last caller's call. This charge applies whether or not the call is connected.
BT Text – Send and receive text messages from your home phone
- 10.5p per text
- Send texts from your home phone to other landlines and mobile phones in the UK
- Free to register and free to receive text messages
- There's no need to call us to register for the service – just send a text message to get started
All you need to start texting is a compatible BT phone line and a text enabled phone. If you have Caller Display, you'll receive text messages on your home phone, otherwise messages will be delivered as voice messages. See our range of home phones
- More about
Managing your messages
Our answerphone service makes sure you never miss a call – whether you're away from home or on another call.
BT Answer 1571 voicemail – Your answer machine that's always on
- £0 a month
- Stops you missing calls if you're away from home or on another call
- Records messages up to 2 minutes long
- Stores up to 10 messages at a time
- Keeps messages for 20 days
- Warns you when your message box is nearly full
- Return the call straight away, by pressing 0*
- Record you own personalized greeting
(available to all new and existing customers from 1st October 2010)
You'll know there's a message waiting for you because you'll hear an interrupted dial tone when you pick up the phone. To check your messages just dial 1571.
To start using this service, dial 1571 from your home number (call on the line you want to use BT Answer 1571 on).
Some social alarm and burglar alarm equipment may not be compatible with BT Answer 1571. Please check with your supplier.
- More about
Home phone security
Services from BT that let you see who's calling you before you answer – and help put a stop to unwanted calls.
BT Privacy at Home – Control your incoming calls
- £0 a month
- Registers you for the Telephone Preference Service which helps stop unwanted sales calls
- Includes Caller Display** so you can decide whether or not to answer the call
Please allow 28 days for activation of the Telephone Preference Service. You can find out more about the Telephone Preference Service at http://www.tpsonline.org.uk
** Customers who are billed every three months must make at least six chargeable calls within those three months, otherwise BT reserves the right to charge £8.10 a quarter (customers who are billed monthly must make at least 2 chargeable calls a month otherwise will be charged £2.70 a month).
Caller Display – See who's calling before you answer
- £3.15 a month
- Shows the number of the person calling, so you can decide whether to answer the call
Choose to Refuse – Stop unwanted or nuisance calls
- £3.55 a month
- Prevents unwanted or nuisance calls getting through to you
- If you frequently receive unwanted or nuisance calls from a particular number, you can block that number – this block can be removed whenever you like
Anonymous Call Reject – Block calls from withheld or anonymous numbers
- £4.30 a month
- If a caller withholds their number, they won't be able to get through to you. They will only be able to get through if they reveal their number†.
† Anonymous Call Reject will not bar incoming calls when the number is 'unavailable' (when the caller has not made any attempt to withhold their number). This can happen in a number of cases, like, for example, if the call originates from an overseas provider.
- More about
Close - BSL user videos
To watch the videos you may need to allow ActiveX controls or download the latest Flash Player — read more about enabling ActiveX and upgrading your Flash Player here.
BT Basic is a simple, low-cost telephone service that's easy to understand and helps you keep in touch, even if money is a bit tight. BT Basic lets you make and receive calls – and helps you manage how much you spend.
Printed information – like bills, leaflets and brochures – can be provided in audio, Braille and Large Print format.