- You are here:
- Useful downloads
Reading your downloads
Some of the files below are PDF files – these files are denoted by this icon
You'll need a computer program called Adobe® Reader to view them. You may find your computer already has Adobe Reader installed, if not, you can it download it free here.
Some of the files below are eBooks – these are denoted by this icon and
To open these files on your PC, you need an ebook-reader application like those available on tablets such as the iPad, or e-readers like the Kindle or Nook.
For epub files try Adobe Digital Editions
For mobi files try Amazon Kindle for PC
Both of these work with screen readers such as JAWS and NVDA.
There are many other ereaders available such as Calibre http://calibre-ebook.com/ that will have useful features, but may not support text-to-speech.
(All three readers above are free)
List of current downloads
- Including You: BTs Guide to help you communicate
- Communication Choices: BT's guide to hearing better on the phone
- Does your Mobile Rate: Action on Hearing Loss article
- Communication Choices:
For deaf or hard of hearing
- Communication Choices:
For people managing a budget
- Communication Choices: BT Basic
- Communication Choices: Network Controlled Calling
Including You: BT's guide to help you communicate
In this guide, you'll find information about our standard and more specialised products and services. We hope that it will be useful for everyone but it's especially aimed at our customers who find communication more challenging.
- Download 'Including You guide' – PDF [2.19 MB]
- Download 'Including You guide' – ePub [6.15 MB]
- Download 'Including You guide' – Kindle [9.22 MB]
This booklet is also provided in large print, braille and Audio CD on request, free of charge,
by calling 0800 800 150.
Communication Choices: BT's guide to hearing better on the phone
BT's guide to hearing better on the phone. Recommended by Hearing Concern LINK, it gives practical advice on using a phone with or without a hearing aid.
- Download 'Sound Connections' – PDF [2.53 MB]
- Download 'Sound Connections' – ePub [2.37 MB]
- Download 'Sound Connections' – Kindle [3.38 MB]
Does your Mobile Rate: Action on Hearing Loss article
It's increasingly common to see hearing aid compatible mobile phones with an 'M' and 'T' rating. What does this mean and how can it help you choose the best phone to use with your hearing aids?
Communication Choices: For deaf or hard of hearing
Throughout our lives, our hearing changes. If you've a hearing loss or are concerned that your hearing isn't what it used to be, this guide will help you find out about some of the ways that modern technology can help you communicate more easily.
- Download 'Communication Choices: deaf & hard of hearing' – PDF [752 KB]
- Download 'Communication Choices: deaf & hard of hearing' – ePub [1.50 MB]
- Download 'Communication Choices: deaf & hard of hearing' – Kindle [1.97 MB]
Communication Choices: For people managing a budget
No one likes to spend more than they need to on essential services, especially when money's tight. When it comes to the phone and the internet and, more recently, phone, internet and TV packages that are bundled together, there are lots of deals around. This BT guide outlines some of your choices and gives tips that can help you if you're on a tight budget.
- Download 'Communication Choices: people managing a budget' – PDF [999 KB]
- Download 'Communication Choices: people managing a budget' – ePub [2.87 MB]
- Download 'Communication Choices: people managing a budget' – Kindle [716 KB]
- Download 'Communication Choices: people managing a budget' – Kindle Fire [2.64 MB]
Communication Choices: BT Basic
At BT we know that, whatever your income, everyone needs a phone. BT Basic is a low-cost package that is easy to understand and helps you keep in touch, even if money is a bit tight.
- Download 'BT Basic guide' – PDF [1.49 MB]
- Download 'BT Basic guide' – ePub [953 KB]
- Download 'BT Basic guide' – Kindle [274 KB]
- Download 'BT Basic guide' – Kindlefire [513 KB]
Communication Choices: Network Controlled Calling
How can we help?
We want to make sure that customers have a BT phone service they can rely on, without worrying about causing a nuisance to other users or running up unnecessary call charges. Network Controlled Calling can help, by limiting the numbers that can be called from a home phone line.
Communication Choices: Dealing with unwanted calls
Your phone's a great way for you to stay in touch and for people to stay in touch with you. But you might sometimes get unwanted calls. This booklet shows you how to deal with unwanted calls and how BT can help.
- Download 'Dealing with unwanted calls on your BT line' – PDF [436 KB]
- Download 'Dealing with unwanted calls on your BT line' – ePub [620 KB]
- Download 'Dealing with unwanted calls on your BT line' – Kindle [1.02 MB]
Communication Choices: Protected Services Scheme
We offer a free scheme to protect you if you forget to pay your phone bill due to exceptional circumstances, such as if you are in hospital for a time. Find out more about Protected Services Scheme here or download the following guide:
Get IT Together handbook
Welcome to the BT Get IT Together handbook, your printable guide to getting online. Packed full of hints and tips with lots of space to make your own notes.
Designs on a Bigger Market: A guide to inclusive design
This introductory guide provides an overview of what inclusive design is all about. it gives advice on how to get started, introduces the online Inclusive Design Toolkit, offers a number of examples of success and suggests where you can go for more detailed information.
Product user guides
The latest product guides can be downloaded for free from www.bt.com/userguides
Is your hearing going?
How to take action if you think you're losing your hearing. This leaflet from Action on Hearing Loss will tell you how to get your hearing checked out.