- You are here:
- Phones & Services
- BT Basic
What do you get with BT Basic?
- Pay a low line rental and get a call allowance every three months. You will also get free weekend calls to 0845 and 0870 numbers up to 60 minutes.
- Check your bills. If you'd like to know how much you've spent since your last bill, you can use our free Call My Bill service on 0800 44 33 11. When you phone, choose option one, followed by option two, and make sure you have your account number with you.
- Bar or restrict certain calls. BT Basic has a free Call Barring option so you can stop certain calls being made from your phone. You can bar various types of calls for example, to international, mobile or Premium Rate numbers (such as chatlines or TV shows).
- Stay flexible. There is no minimum contract period for BT Basic. This means you can change from BT Basic to any of our other calling plans and packages at any time.
- BT Privacy with Caller Display. Registers you with the Telephone Preference Service which helps stop unwanted sales calls and Includes Caller Display, so you can decide whether or not to answer the call (requires a compatible phone).
Your call allowance
|Calls up to the value of £4.50
(including VAT) that are included
|Calls not included|
If you do make any of these calls, you'll be charged at our standard BT Basic calling plan rates. You can find details of these rates on our website at www.bt.com/personal/pricing
What happens if I go over my call allowance?
If you go over your call allowance, you'll pay 11p a minute (plus 3.2p for each phone call) for all normal UK calls. All other calls are charged at our standard BT Basic calling package rates.
I haven't used up my call allowance, can I carry it over?
No. If you don't use all of your call allowance within three months, you can't carry it over to the next three month period.
Can I have broadband with BT Basic?
Yes. We recognise the importance of the internet in today's world and BT Basic has been designed to allow broadband on the line. If you do take a broadband service the cost of this will be added to the BT Basic line rental.
Close - BSL user videos
To watch the videos you may need to allow ActiveX controls or download the latest Flash Player — read more about enabling ActiveX and upgrading your Flash Player here.
Help using this site
We've made this website as easy for you to use as possible — with extra help if you have a sight or hearing impairment.
Printed information – like bills, leaflets and brochures – can be provided in audio, Braille and Large Print format.